BLUEBERRY AND HONEY GLAZE MUFFINS
Blueberry Muffins made with wholesome whole wheat, organic fresh blueberries (or frozen) and honey. Add a spoonful of White creamy Honey glaze to make the whole thing pretty awesome. Ahhh the muffins... The whole world needs to be making more of those whole wheat blueberry muffins. If you have fresh tiny organic wild blueberries, or fresh regular-sized juicy blueberries, or fresh fruit of just about any kind, you win. Use them and love them and more power to you.
And if you’re like me, a baker ,,wana be,, this is a simple recipe that won't take you more than 45 min, so ready? Go!
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Wildflowers Raw Honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 7 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups organic blueberries (or any other fruit)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Bowl #1: whisk the egg yolk, egg, milk, Blossom Wildflowers Raw Honey, vanilla, and melted butter together until smooth.
- Bowl #2: flour, baking powder, salt mixed together. Stir the flour mix into bowl #1 (don't over do it!)
- Gently stir the blueberries into the batter. Scoop into a prepared muffin tin (I usually just spray the pan vs. using paper liners, and I use an old-fashioned ice cream scooper to scoop the batter in perfectly!) and sprinkle the tops with brown sugar. Transfer the muffin tin to the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the tops are springy when you touch them. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.(or classically stick a toothpick in and make sure nothing stick to it)
- Drizzle the White creamy Honey glaze over the muffins and Voilà!