RAW HONEYCOMB COVERED IN CHOCOLATE
One of the best ways to enjoy raw honey, we think. Our raw honeycomb covered in chocolate is sure to be a favourite in any household!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Serving size: 1 sheet of honeycomb
• 1 tablespoon baking soda, sifted
• 1 1/4 cups white granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup Blossom Honey raw Yemeni Wildflowers honey
• Pinch of fine sea salt
• 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
• This recipe goes very quickly so gather all of your ingredients and supplies before you start.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment and have it nearby
• sift the baking powder
• In a large saucepan pour in the sugar, honey and salt. Heat the sugar mixture to 295 degrees F, about 3 minutes, stirring it with a silicon spatula to ensure even caramelisation. Do not let it burn on the bottom of the pan.
• Turn off the heat and immediately add mix the vanilla extract and baking soda. The mixture will foam up quite a bit, continue stirring until the baking soda completely dissolves.
• Quickly pour the honeycomb mixture onto a sheet of parchment. Allow it to cool completely before touching it, about 2 minutes.
• Wait about 5 additional minutes before breaking it into random pieces
• Melt organic chocolate in glass bowl over boiling water.
• Dip each honeycomb piece into the chocolate and place on a wire rack to set.
• Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge.