Carrot, Ginger and Honey Soup
Looking for a winter warmer to boost your immunity over the colder months? This Carrot, Ginger and Honey soup features all sorts of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, guaranteed to improve your mood and health after one bowl.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- Knob of butter
- 1 brown onion
- 2 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 500g carrots, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbs Blossom Honey Emirati Wildflowers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 400ml boiling water
- Heat olive oil and a knob of butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add onion and cook for approximately 5 minutes or until soft
- Add ginger, cook for a further 2 minutes. Stir well and then add the carrots, honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Add the boiling water, then reduce to low and simmer for 35 minutes, or until the carrots have softened
- Transfer the soup to a blender, or hand-blend, until smooth and creamy
- Season with salt and pepper, top with parsley or drizzle with more honey, and serve with warm, buttery, thick-sliced bread.